#1

Saturday, June 27, 2009

My life

So,I have been irritated with my house for a while now. It is smaller than I would have dreamed...but cute none the less. Husband and I had a ...as my Mom would say..."a come to Jesus meeting". Meaning we discussed what we were going to do and what we thought would be the best plan for us. We've lived her for 6 years...it was supposed to be our "starter home". But it ends up, in this economy that it might be our "for now" home. I've cried a lot about how unhappy I am in this house and how we could possibly have another baby here, and how we could afford two babies on 1 income. I'm sure a lot of you have had this talk lately (I hope it's not just me).
We have decided that maybe this house isn't so bad. After looking around our neighborhood and seeing the foreclosures and HUD homes and realizing that we can afford this house and have $$ to save, why not stay for a while. It's not my "forever" home but it will do...for now. Just pumping money into a home that I don't love breaks my heart sometimes. But if that means that I can not live paycheck to paycheck and take my daughter on vacation, then maybe I need to swallow my pride and be happy in my house...it is MY house and I have put a lot of time and energy in this house.
Okay...I'm done, please let me know how you feel about these tough economic times. It would make me feel a lot better if it's not just me:) Next up... we might get a new minivan...say it isn't so!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for having some peace about your house. I get frustrated being in our temporary house too. I am trying to make the most of it. A minivan, huh? Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do with your house what i did with my car. it was a very similar situation, i didn't care for my car and it had alot of miles and some issues, but the thought of getting a new loan and paying more etc.....
    anyway, i had a dawning where i finally looked at my car and told it
    "look, you know i'm not crazy about you, but you allow me to save money for a new car (and other things), and at least i know what i'm in for with it. so i am going to drive you until you freakin' die and i'm going to use you for what I need and not let my car tell me if i am happy or not."

    after that it was alot easier to use the car just as a thing to be used by me. make the most of it, and remember it's YOU that's in control, don't let the house confuse you about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep remembering...it's your starter home. Things will turn around and then you will be able to move. It is hard times and I think it is great that you guys are not living paycheck to paycheck. I take pride that Doug and I have no credit cards. That really helps. I'm sort of worried about working at Oakland and sending two little ones to daycare. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the last ten years, my family and I have moved 18 times, (gotta love the military right?). and I've had my heart broken the last several times because I thought we were gonna stay put and had very nice houses. The economic times, and a husband who is now a civilian sees us living on a very tight budget.

    You are not alone!! If you can save money each month, you are well above a lot of other people these days! I know that the house situation can be a tough cookie to swallow sometimes, but remind yourself that it is the people in the house that make it a home. Sure all of the trappings of life help to fill the four walls of the house that makes it feel comfortable. Hold tight to your beautiful little daughter, your hubby and any other babies you may have... and remember that whether it's your starter home or your dream home, the laughter and memories that you make will last a lifetime no matter where you lay your head each night

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a TOTALLY great blog site! Good for you, this is the perfect outlet for you. You do have alot to say and are very insightful about life and those around you. I agree with "anonymous" you can be happy anywhere that is just who you are. Just think you will learn good organizational skills - HA!! See you soon - Brenda

    ReplyDelete